ANTI-INFLAMMATORY CBD MATCHA BITES
Earlier this winter I took a stab at my first CBD treats (this post). They looked beautiful and tasted amazing, but using coconut oil as the base, they melted unless they were housed in the freezer. I’ve been wanting to try a new treat for a while, and when I spotted a bag of Terrasoul Superfoods Cacao Butter at Marshall’s (any other Marshall’s fans out there?), a light bulb went off. I realized that this would make the next batch of treats shelf stable and not require refrigeration!
I held onto the cacao butter for a while, trying to think of the perfect next gen treat to make from it, and then when I got a box of the new Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen sachets, lightbulb #2 went off, and these Matcha CBD bites were born! I've been using the unflavored Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides for about a year in everything from mushroom coffees to smoothies to baked goods. The health benefits of grass-feed collagen peptides are tremendous, and include healthier gut lining, improved skin elasticity, thicker and stronger hair, joint flexibility and more. The Matcha Collagen combines all of these benefits in a portable, grab-and-go antioxidant matcha blend! And Vital Proteins recently introduced a subscription service which is the best way to get Vital Proteins at a discount (and as you can see from my adventures at Marshall's, I LOVE a discount!).
Since I’m always looking for ways to boost the health benefits of everything I make, I added some of Moondeli’s Golden Turmeric blend (use the code 'RHMOON15' for 15% off) and some Irie CBD Basic Blend CBD Tincture to boost the anti-inflammatory properties of this treat. I use Irie CBD for two reasons:
1. I tried a sample in-store and felt immediate efficacy upon consuming it.
2. They are committed to both social AND environmental responsibility (read more here)
Sweetened with zero glycemic index Lakanto monkfruit sweetener, these allergy-friendly, paleo, cancer-fighting and beautifying bites are safe for all diets and chock full of health benefits! I used these chocolate molds which were a really good deal on Amazon.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 8 oz. of Terrasoul Superfoods Cacao Butter
- 3 sachets (or 3 scoops) of Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen (or more to taste)
- 2 tsp Moondeli Golden Turmeric Blend (use the code 'RHMOON15' for 15% off)
- 3 droppers full of Irie CBD Basic Blend Tincture (use the code 'RH15' for 15% off)
- 2 tsp Lakanto monkfruit sweetener
LET's DO THIS!
- In a small saucepan, melt the cacao butter, then remove from heat.
- Whisk in the rest of the ingredients and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the mixture into a Pyrex liquid measuring cup, or any vessel with a small spout.
- Stir the mixture frequently as you pour into the chocolate molds, filling each almost to the top.
- Place the mould flat in the freezer to set. Once set, you can store the CBD Matcha Chocolates in a cool dry area, but they will not require refrigeration or freezing!