NACHILADAS ARE TOTALLY A THING!
Can we talk about a first world problem here for a minute? Whenever I go to a Mexican restaurant, I can never decide what to order. I get really overwhelmed. Which is silly because a lot of dishes have the same flavor profile, but I always want 3,323 different things!
That’s why I just invented...Nachiladas!
In this dish, you get all of the benefits of topping-loaded nachos, but with the neat clean package of an enchilada.
What’s that you say? I’m a genius? Please, please hold your applause until the end.
Also, this is the healthiest Mexican food you will ever eat! Unlike eating food out, this cleaned up favorite will leave you feeling clean, energized and without a food hangover! Fresh organic vegetables from Milk & Eggs (available to SoCal residents, use the code 'RH15' for $15 off!), and low-sodium homemade enchilada sauce are folded into Siete Foods Grain-Free Tortillas, and then topped with a smattering of vegan cheese.
The benefit of grain-free tortillas? They taste uh-mazing thanks to a blend of almond and cassava flours, but unlike wheat tortillas they won’t make your stomach bloat and your brain feel foggy. They’re also paleo-friendly for those needing to or looking to avoid grains all-together. Vegan cheese also fits into the profile of this being an anti-inflammatory meal, as commercially processed dairy is typically inflammatory for most people.
I was super happy with how these came together, and hope you feel the same. If you don’t, I’ll come eat your leftovers, kay?
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 Package of Siete Foods Grain-Free Tortillas
- 2 Zucchini, diced
- 1 Butternut squash, diced
- 1 Small onion, diced
- Fourth & Heart California Garlic Ghee (sub olive oil if vegetarian/vegan)
- 2C BrothRx Bone Broth (sub vegetable stock if vegetarian/vegan).
- 1T Chili Powder
- 2tsp Garlic Powder
- 2tsp Onion Powder
- 2tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2tsp Cayenne Pepper or Chipotle Pepper Powder (depending on heat tolerance)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 batch of Oh She Glows Enchilada Sauce, prepared
- 1/2 to 1C of Daiya vegan cheese shreds
- Optional garnishes (diced avocado, diced tomato, cilantro)
LET’S DO THIS:
- Preheat oven to 375, line a 9x13x2” baking sheet with parchment, and grease (I use Fourth & Heart sprayable ghee oil).
- In a large skillet, heat 1-2T of Fourth & Heart Garlic Ghee (or flavor of your choice).
- Once the Ghee has melted, sauté the onion until translucent.
- Once the onion is translucent, add the diced butternut squash and diced zucchini. Once softened, add BrothRx Bone Broth 1/4 at a time until absorbed into the vegetables and the vegetables are cooked all of the way through.
- Remove from heat and stir in all of the seasonings, then add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Once the sauce is prepared, spoon half into the vegetable mixture, and toss until combined. Taste again and season as needed.
- As your heating through the next tortilla, spoon 1/4 of the vegetable mixture into the first tortilla, roll it up, and place it into the prepared baking dish.
- Continue to do this until you have 8-10 filled and rolled tortillas in the baking dish.
- Evenly distribute the remaining enchilada sauce + vegetable mixture, sprinkle with the Daiya cheese, and place in the oven for about 35 minutes until heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Serve piping hot and garnished with plenty of avocado, tomato and cilantro!
I suggest serving this with plenty of guacamole, Siete Foods Grain-Free Tortilla Chips and some ice cold margaritas. Just promise me you'll have me over when you make these, kay?