CHOCOLATE SEA SALT CRUNCH ENERGY BITES
Raise your hand if you love snacks! There is definitely a time and place for intermittent fasting. However, for the most part you shouldn't allow your body to starve all the live long day. As soon as you go into energy deprivation mode, your body raises cortisol levels and conserves every bite of energy you're taking in. This leads to diet fails, and why yo-yo dieting actually causes weight gain!
Listen to your body, let your (healthy) gut be your guide, and if you need a snack, reach for something high in fiber, fat and protein like 1-2 of these Chocolate Sea Salt Crunch Energy Bites! These taste like junk food but have almost 0g sugar and will keep you full and energized between meals. Due to their low glycemic index, they're also a great little treat when you're sweet tooth is raging.
CHOCOLATE SEA SALT ENERGY BITES
(makes approx. 1 dozen)
- 1 scoop of Lyfe Fuel Chocolate Protein Powder (this is the best as far as I'm concerned, but use any low or no sugar plant-based protein powder. No whey!)
- 2 tablespoons of Navitas cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon of Nutiva chia seeds
- 2T Moon Deli Bliss Booster (RHMOON15 for 15% off site-wide!)
- 1tsp of large-grain sea salt (I love Aloha Spice Company black lava salt)
-1/2C raw cashews
- 1/2 Nutiva Coconut Manna
- 1/4C Nuttzo (my choice because it's high in Omega 3, but use what you have on hand as long as it doesn't contain sugar)
- 1/2C Paleo granola
Line a baking sheet with parchment. Pulse everything in a food processor until well combined. Roll 1T at a time into balls, lining up neatly on the parchment lined baking sheet, and refrigerate. Will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.