GRAIN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE PUMPKIN SPICE CHEESECAKE SQUARES
Fall is officially here. In case you have somehow missed that grocery stores are filled with pumpkin spice EVERYTHING! They even have Pumpkin Spice Puffins now! Mind blown.
Call me a lemming, but as soon as the temperature drops below 72 here in Los Angeles (insert laugh/cry emoji), I’m all about those Fall flavors as you saw in this Coconut-Curry Pumpkin Soup Recipe on the Reformation Health Blog.
So of course, I did what any rational human being would do, and I raced to the store to buy $8.00 vegan cream cheese (sorry not sorry) and a few other odds and ends ($6 Purely Elizabeth grain-free granola, face palm) to execute my own version, Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Squares! My version is not vegan as I included Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen (because, collagen ALWAYS), but you can definitely omit the collagen and still get a really kickass treat.
These smell absolutely diving and are the very essence of Fall flavor. They have all of the good fats from nuts and a bit of coconut oil, a full cup of fiber and vitamin-rich pumpkin, and have just a scant amount of sugar from the granola (none added in the filling as I subbed Lakanto Monkfruit Syrup instead of Maple Syrup).
I added Reishi into the filling for its many beneficial properties. This “Queen” mushroom of “immortality” and “spiritual potency” is a powerful immune modulator, cardiotonic, hormone balancer, and nervine tonic that nurtures/nourishes/protects the shen (consciousness, the heart, and soul seat in Traditional Chinese Medicine) for supreme mind-body-spirit harmony.
Enjoy and - in this case - I encourage you to be a lemming too and make some! If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag a photo #reformationhealthrecipes on Instagram.
- 1 8oz Dairy-free Cream Cheese (I love Kite Hill)
- 1C Raw Cashews, soaked for at least an hour, and then drained
- 1T Coconut Oil
- 2tsp Root & Bones Reishi (optional, use the code RH15 for 15% off site-wide!)
- 1C Canned Pumpkin
- 1tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (or Extract ok too)
- 1T + 1tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1 Scoop of Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen (eliminate if vegan)
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- Mix ingredients for the Crust in your food processor until finely chopped. Spread into a parchment lined brownie pan, 8×8, and then coat with 4th & Heart Ghee Spray (or other cooking spray if vegan). Bake 350 for about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour filling into baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour, until cheesecake is firm. Allow to cool in the fridge for about 4 hours, or overnight.
- Once completely cool and firm, slice into squares and enjoy with a cup of your favorite warm Fall beverage, or a glass of nut milk as Feed Your Sister recommends!