Fall is officially here. In case you have somehow missed that grocery stores are filled with pumpkin spice EVERYTHING! They even have Pumpkin Spice Puffins now! Mind blown.
Call me a lemming, but as soon as the temperature drops below 72 here in Los Angeles (insert laugh/cry emoji), I’m all about those Fall flavors as you saw in this Coconut-Curry Pumpkin Soup Recipe on the Reformation Health Blog.
So of course, I did what any rational human being would do, and I raced to the store to buy $8.00 vegan cream cheese (sorry not sorry) and a few other odds and ends ($6 Purely Elizabeth grain-free granola, face palm) to execute my own version, Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Squares! My version is not vegan as I included Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen (because, collagen ALWAYS), but you can definitely omit the collagen and still get a really kickass treat.
These smell absolutely diving and are the very essence of Fall flavor. They have all of the good fats from nuts and a bit of coconut oil, a full cup of fiber and vitamin-rich pumpkin, and have just a scant amount of sugar from the granola (none added in the filling as I subbed Lakanto Monkfruit Syrup instead of Maple Syrup).
I added Reishi into the filling for its many beneficial properties. This “Queen” mushroom of “immortality” and “spiritual potency” is a powerful immune modulator, cardiotonic, hormone balancer, and nervine tonic that nurtures/nourishes/protects the shen (consciousness, the heart, and soul seat in Traditional Chinese Medicine) for supreme mind-body-spirit harmony.
Enjoy and - in this case - I encourage you to be a lemming too and make some! If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag a photo #reformationhealthrecipes on Instagram.
- 1 8oz Dairy-free Cream Cheese (I love Kite Hill)
- 1C Raw Cashews, soaked for at least an hour, and then drained
- 1T Coconut Oil
- 2tsp Root & Bones Reishi (optional, use the code RH15 for 15% off site-wide!)
- 1C Canned Pumpkin
- 1tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (or Extract ok too)
- 1T + 1tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1 Scoop of Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen (eliminate if vegan)
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- Mix ingredients for the Crust in your food processor until finely chopped. Spread into a parchment lined brownie pan, 8×8, and then coat with 4th & Heart Ghee Spray (or other cooking spray if vegan). Bake 350 for about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour filling into baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour, until cheesecake is firm. Allow to cool in the fridge for about 4 hours, or overnight.
- Once completely cool and firm, slice into squares and enjoy with a cup of your favorite warm Fall beverage, or a glass of nut milk as Feed Your Sister recommends!